Often praise can change our situation, but even if it doesn’t, it always changes us for the better.
Life can be so difficult, but it to me it is almost part of self-care to take the time to be thankful and praise God for all the blessings/positive aspects of life. We all struggle and have to face hard things, but intentionally taking the time to be thankful will truly benefit us. I know it’s a choice, and I know it’s hard sometimes. Every time I praise God for all He’s done and who He is, I never regret it. I believe you won’t regret it either.
Today I read the following excellent devotion from Flip or Flop: Changing Your Situation With Praise (YouVersion Bible App). It was so good and I wanted to share it. I hope it encourages you as you read it.
FIVE BENEFITS OF PRAISE
1. Praising and giving thanks helps you to magnify God (see Ps. 34:3) and get your focus back on Him. Dwelling on your troubles makes you prisoner to them, but dwelling on God makes Him bigger than all the problems and pains.
2. Praising God keeps you humble. Praising and thanking God reminds you that you are dependent on Him—you’re not in this alone, you need Him (see Psalm 73:26).
3. When you’re humble, you get more grace (see James 4:6), and grace is God’s power beyond your ability, working to bring you through every trouble in your life.
4. Praising helps you to turn dark thoughts to thoughts of hope, when you think of all that you have to be thankful for, even the little things.
5. Praising stirs up your faith. When you praise and worship God, you’re reminded afresh that He is your provider, your healer, your help, your strength, and whatever else you need. It helps you to believe that He is working in your situation, just as He promised! Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Praising helps you know.