Tomorrow is my birthday. 43 years. Seems like such a big number, although as a kid I thought 30 was old. 😂 Here are 43 nuggets of truth that came to mind today as I was thinking about what 43 years have taught me. What nuggets of truth have your years taught you?
- Ask questions.
- Don’t worry about what others think.
- Trust my gut feeling.
- Get lost in the music.
- Worship-get lost in God.
- Play board games often with the kids.
- Read…a lot.
- Let go of perfection.
- Smile anyway.
- Cry sometimes too.
- Enjoy hugs.
- Understand that others are life long learners too.
- Forgive others, but don’t let them take advantage of my kindness.
- Always look for the good, but admit when it’s hard.
- Sing on long drives.
- Pray too.
- Accept those magical little moments in life as God blowing me a kiss, not write them off as just coincidences.
- Let the puppy lick my entire face.
- Let the dirty dishes pile up sometimes.
- Let the laundry pile up, too 😂
- Sleep in…if I’m able to.
- Snuggle in a soft bed filled with pillows under piles of blankets.
- Take regular walks and turn my face up towards the sky and sun.
- Appreciate who I am and how far I’ve come.
- Hold my kids a little tighter for a little longer.
- Encourage others when the opportunity arises.
- Keep being sincere.
- Read the Bible more.
- Don’t worry about what the mirror says about my age. 😂
- Pray that my heart shines in my eyes.
- Love people more, even the hard people.
- Go on more cruises.
- Visit the beach as often as possible and get in the water.
- Build the sandcastles.
- Destroy the sandcastles.
- Jump in the leaves.
- Take the picture.
- Let them take the picture of you.
- Give more.
- Ask for help.
- Have less expectations.
- Never stop believing even when it seems impossible.